When We Are Closed / NHS App
If you require a doctor urgently out of hours, please telephone 111. This does not remove the National 999 facility.
Always call 999 in an emergency - chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
MINOR INJURIES UNITS AND WALK IN CENTRES
Please note, during this pandemic, opening times and circumstances for Minor Injury Units and Walk-in Centres may vary.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT MINOR INJURY UNITS CANNOT TREAT CHILDREN UNDER 2
Illnesses and injuries that can be treated at the MIU include:
- sprains, strains, cuts and grazes
- arm, foot and leg injuries
- bites, minor burns and scalds
- suspected fractures or broken bones (x-ray available services not available on Saturday or Sunday)
- minor head injuries
- eye problems such as scratches and foreign bodies in the eye.
111 online is a fast and convenient alternative to the 111 phone service and provides an option for people who want to access 111 digitally.
Your needs will be assessed and you will be given advice about whether you need:
- Treat yourself at home
- Go to a Primary Care Centre
If you need face to face medical attention you may be asked to attend a Primary Care Centre.
Click here to access NHS 111 online or call 111 to speak to a staff member.
Peterborough Urgent Treatment Centre
Have relocated to City Hospital no longer on Thorpe Road!
Telephone Number: 01733 293800
Open: 8am-8pm, seven days a week, including weekends and Bank Holidays
Check out the link below for a full list of the services offered
Emergency Dental Services
For Emergency Dental Care please call
0300 555 6667 Opt 1
Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
The NHS App is available now on iOS and Android. To use it you must be aged 13 and over and registered with a GP surgery in England.
Use the NHS App to:
- share your COVID-19 status – get advice about coronavirus –
- order repeat prescriptions - book appointments - get health advice - view your health record - register your organ donation decision - find out how the NHS uses your data - view your NHS number –