Receptionist / Care Navigator Vacancy Closing date Sunday 2nd May 2021
JOB TITLE: Receptionist /Care Navigator
REPORTS TO: Reception Supervisor
HOURS: As per contract
Based on reception of the Practice you will receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
• Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice.
• Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
• Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
• Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
• Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
• When necessary, enter requests for home visits onto the computer, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to a doctor.
• Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non NHS) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
• Enter patient information and appropriate codes on to the computer as required.
• Monitor and complete clinical system ‘tasks’ as required by the Reception Supervisor, Practice Manager and GPs.
• Scan medical documents into clinical computer system and attach appropriate codes.
o Open up premises at the start of the day when first to arrive make all necessary preparations to receive patients.
o When last to leave at the end of the day, ensure that the building is totally secured, and the internal lights are off etc.
• Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Reception Supervisor or the Practice Manager.
• Attend team and practice meetings.
• Give results and/or information to the patient as directed by the doctors.
• Accept and ensure all specimens are clearly labelled and put in box in reception area.
• Accept prescription requests and give out prescriptions to patients.
• Any other reasonable administrative duties as directed by the Department Supervisor, The Practice Manager or Partner.
• In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
• In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
• Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
• The practice has Protocols in place for Clinical and Administrative tasks, staff are required to adhere to all Practice Protocols, it is essential that all staff keep up to date with protocols and advise of any changes needed. All protocols are stored on the Practice Intranet.
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, the practice Health & Safety Manual, and the practice Infection Control policy and published procedures. This will include:
• Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
• Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
• Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
• Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
• Actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised
• Keeping own work areas and general / patient areas generally clean, assisting in the maintenance of general standards of cleanliness consistent with the scope of the job holder’s role
• Undertaking periodic infection control training (minimum annually)
• Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
• Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
• Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
• Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
• Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
• Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
• Attend compulsory training, such as Fire Awareness and CPR
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
• Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
• Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
• Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
• Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
• Communicate effectively with other team members
• Communicate effectively with patients and carers
• Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post-holder will:
• Apply Practice policies, protocols, standards and guidance
• Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, protocols, standards and guidelines will affect own work
• Participate in audits where appropriate
https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=care%20navigator&l=PE15... for more information and job specifics