The Riverside Practice
What we are doing to support our patients?
In February 2023 we delivered & received…..
- 5588 Incoming phone calls - (approx: 200 calls per day)
- 4189 Total appointments
- 2399 GP, Advanced Clinical Practitioner, Paramedic & Clinical Pharmacist appointments
- 204 Patients did not attend their appointment
- 5753 Prescriptions were issued
- 2 Complaints were received
Do you have a question? We aim to be open and honest about our performance and will answer all patient questions raised via our website, in person or via our Patient Participation Group. Answers to questions will be responded to on a monthly basis via the Practice Performance notice, this will be posted on the website, the Riverside Practice Facebook page and available on request at reception.
What have we done to improve patient access?
NEW TELEPHONE SYSTEM: It was clear that the Riverside patients were experiencing difficulties when calling the practice, this included being on hold for long periods of time, phones constantly engaged and calls cutting out. Therefore in June 2022 and working with the EVAD Think HealthCare team a new cloud based telephone system was installed. At go live we went from:
- 4 incoming lines to 20
- Call waiting, patients knowing where they are in the queue
- Call back facility, if you don’t want to stay on hold, ask for a call back, patients retain their place in the queue and on reaching the front of the queue, a Care Navigator will call you back
- Easier to cancel an appointment by using: Option 2, without the need to speak to a Care Navigator
- Embedded SystmOne integration into the clinical system, providing significant time saving and increased efficiency.
MEDICATIONS AND PRESCRIPTIONS: Where we can, we will send a text message to let patients know that their prescription has been sent to their allocated pharmacy.
INCREASED APPOINTMENT CAPACITY: Our appointment capacity has increased by 868 appointments from 3321 in February 2022 to 4189 for February 2023