RIVERSIDE FLU VACCINATIONS 2023
THE RIVERSIDE PRACTICE
would like to invite their patients 65 years and over and those who are “ELIGIBLE” for the flu vaccination
to contact the practice to book a vaccination appointment
Dates for clinics are:
Saturday 30th September 2023 and Saturday 7th October 2023
OVER 65'S AND AT RISK
21st and 28th October 2023
Clinics will run from 8.30am to 1.30pm
Seasonal flu vaccinations are offered free of charge to our patients who are Over 65 and in an ‘At Risk Group’ these consist of:
- All pregnant women
- People with a serious medical condition such as:-
- Chronic (long term) respiratory disease
- Obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease at stage 3,4 or 5
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease such as Parkinson’s or Motor Neurone disease
- Diabetes o A weakened immune system due to disease such as HIV/AIDS
- Treatment (such as cancer)
- Morbid obesity (adults with a body mass index >40kg/m
- Also people living in long-stay residential care homes or other long stay care facilities
- People who are in receipt of carers allowance or those who are the main carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk of the carer falls ill
Welcome to The Riverside Medical Practice
Welcome to The Riverside Practice, March
We provide the highest quality health care from modern purpose-built premises in Marylebone Road, March.
The premises are designed and equipped to meet the needs of our patients.
Including wheelchair access to all rooms, disabled toilets and a hearing loop in reception.
A wheelchair for patient use is available at reception and there are designated disabled parking spaces in the ajoining car park
We hope that our website provides our patients with the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient's needs at the forefront of everything from checking surgery times times to letting us know what you think.
The practice is currently accepting new patients living within a three mile radius of the surgery premises.
If you would like to register with the practice this can be done online or by downloading the GMS1 Registration Form.
RIVERSIDE MEDICAL PRACTICE
Alternative providers may be able to support your clinical needs, please find details below of local services.
Pharmacies - Some of the things pharmacies can help with include:
aches - pains - stopping smoking - emergency contraception - medicines advice - hay fever - coughs - colds - diarrhoea - allergies - skin conditions - flu jabs.
Pharmacies can help with a whole range of services including stopping smoking, emergency contraception, medicines advice, hay fever, allergies, skins conditions and flu jabs. You do not need an appointment to see a pharmacist.
Peterborough Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC)
8am-8pm, seven days a week, 365 days a year
No appointment required. Patients are seen by highly skilled nurse practitioners and GPs with X-Ray services available.
Peterborough City Hospital, Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Peterborough PE3 9GZ
Tel: 01733 678000.
111 are available for general advice and will guide you to the right service if you’re unsure where you need to go.
Minor Injury Units - are unable to treat Children under the age of 2
On hand to treat minor illnesses and injuries such as:
- wounds, cuts and bruises (Tetanus immunisation can also be given)
- bites – human, insect and animal
- minor burns and scalds
- muscle and joint injuries – strains, sprains, limb fractures
- sports injuries
- eye problems e.g. removal of foreign bodies, conjunctivitis
- earache (patients aged two years and over)
- cystitis (not children or male patients)
- minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness)
- X-ray services (see specific service for times available)
Doddington Community Hospital, Benwick Rd, Doddington, March, PE15 0UG
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 6pm (x-ray 9am - 5pm)
Saturday and Sunday: 9am – 5pm (no x-ray)
North Cambridgeshire Hospital, The Park, Wisbech, PE13 3AB
Monday to Friday 8.30am until 6pm (x-ray services 9am until 5pm)
Princess of Wales Hospital, Lynn Road, Ely, CB6 1DN
Monday – Friday: 8.30am - 6.00pm (x-ray 9am - 5pm)
Saturday - Sunday: 8.30am-6.00pm (x-ray 1pm - 5pm)
Please contact your local dentist in relation to dental issues, we cannot prescribe medications for dental problems.
Patients are also able to refer themselves to:
Without seeing a GP – details available on our website.
Please support our GPs and staff at this difficult time.
The NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation Service
Did you know…?
We are participating in a new service that will direct patients to the most appropriate healthcare professional when booking an appointment, which may be a local community pharmacist either virtually or at their pharmacy.
We believe this is a good thing, as your local pharmacist is a highly trained and skilled clinician experienced in treating minor illnesses, and should be quicker. This will help free up GPs to deal with more complex health needs and ensure that everyone gets treated at the right time, by the right healthcare professional.
We will be listening to patients about their experience of using this service to inform how we can improve things, and so are keen to hear your views. You will be advised how to give this feedback when you access the Community Pharmacy Service.
Patients of our practice are now able to book routine appointments to be seen by doctors, nurses and healthcare assistants in the evenings and at weekends in Extended Access - a new service provided by West Cambs Federation.
This service is available to all patients in this area seven days a week in sessions at four clinics:
- Acorn Surgery, Oak Drive, Huntingdon.
- Buckden Surgery, Mayfield. Buckden.
- Cornerstone Surgery, Elwyn Road, March.
- Cromwell Place Surgery, Cromwell Place, St. Ives.
You can make an appointment at any of the sites - not just the one nearest to your home.
To book an appointment please contact our Reception Team on 01354 661922 - and we will book your appointment for you.
The new, simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
What the NHS App does
Use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- view your GP medical record securely
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses your data