Doddington Minor Illness and Injuries Unit
Doddington Minor Injury Unit (MIU)
The Doddington Minor Injury Unit (MIU) is open 7 days a week and can offer treatment and advice for illness and injuries that need attention urgently, but are not critical or life threatening.
No appointment needed, Doddington MIU is located at Doddington Hospital and is open from Monday to Friday 8.30am - 6pm (x-ray 9.00am – 5.00pm), Saturday and Sunday from 9am – 5pm (no x-ray services available).
Illnesses and injuries that can be treated at the MIU include:
- sprains, strains, cuts and grazes
- arm, foot and leg injuries
- bites, minor burns and scalds
- suspected fractures or broken bones (x-ray available services not available on Saturday or Sunday)
- minor head injuries
- eye problems such as scratches and foreign bodies in the eye.
If you are unsure what service is right for you, please call NHS 111 or visit 111.nhs.uk. Here your symptoms will be accessed, and you’ll be directed to the right service for your illness or injury.