Clinics & Local Services
SUSPENSION OF SECONDARY & COMMUNITY CARE REFERRALS
Due to the increasing pressures on the NHS caused by COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), the local NHS needs to ensure that the maximum possible inpatient and critical care capacity is available in our hospitals to respond to this pressing demand.
This means that the local NHS has made the decision to postpone all non-essential outpatient appointments and planned procedures and operations in Acute Hospital and Community until further notice, starting on 20 March 2020. We are expecting this to be for a period of at least three months.
Following consultation with a clinician at Riverside Practice, if it is clinically safe not to refer you to secondary care, the clinician will not be able to refer you at this moment in time.
You will need to contact the practice again once the suspension of non-essential outpatient appointments and planned procedures and operations has been withdrawn.
Please bear in mind you should only contact the Practice if you feel you need to be seen urgently. The surgery can only make referrals for urgent outpatient and planned care at this stage.
We appreciate that it is unwelcome news that we are currently not in a position to refer you. We would like to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to keep supporting you during this difficult time.
Podiatry Self Referral Form
PODIATRY SELF REFERRAL -FORM
Please note this service DOES NOT provide care for people who require nail cutting only.
For a low cost nail cutting service please contact
Feet Focus Community Footcare
Tel: 03307 260077
Email: cpm-tr.feetfocuscommunityfootcare @nhs.net
Social Prescribers provide advice and signing to services and social supports to people who have long-term health conditions. For example, people who need support with their mental health, are lonely or isolated, or have other social needs. Social prescribing can improve people’s general health and wellbeing and prevent or delay the need for GP or social care involvement through:
- 1:1 support for a maximum of 6 weeks with appointments at the surgery or at home when needed (please note at this time there are no face to face appointments offered)
- Community Supports and Groups
- Stress, Debt and Financial support
- Benefits and Housing support
- Befriending and loneliness
- Nutrition and exercise and diet support
- Advice on how to navigate the social care system, including the assessment process, Mental Capacity and Power of Attorney
- Care and Support Planning to explore wider social care needs
- Support to arrange private care packages or respite
- Referrals to health services to support with physical and or mental health needs
- Smoking cessation