Appointments & Online Access
RESTRICTED ACCESS TO THE SURGERY IN LINE WITH LOCAL GUIDELINES
RESTRICTED ACCESS DUE TO COVID-19
Access to the Practice will only be allowed for
- No appointments can be booked at Reception
- All enquires, requesting appointments and prescription queries are to be done over the telephone on 01354 661922
- Please put Prescription requests in the box now located within the entrance lobby
ATTENDING FOR AN APPOINTMENT
- Access is only for the patient booked in for the appointment; do not bring family or friends to the Practice. The only exception for this is if the appointment is for a minor or a carer is required.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment – we are trying to limit the patients in the waiting room, only come in at your appointment time.
- Ensure that you use the hand gel before using the checking in touch screen
This is to protect all Patients and Staff at the Practice
Thank you for your patience understanding
Please contact us on 01354 661922 or book online (registration is required for online services).
Subject to availability the following types of appointment are available:
- Book in advance up to 6 weeks ahead by telephone or online
- Book in advance up to 5 days ahead by telephone or online
- Book on the day by telephone or online for more medically urgent problems
- In the event of a medical emergency you may be given an "urgent on the day appointment" if available, otherwise you will be directed to the most appropriate care provider.
- Emergency contraception, please contact us immediately or contact the local emergency contraceptive clinic.
Consultations with the Doctors, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses and attached health professionals are by appointment only.
Appointments can be made by telephoning the surgery, calling at the surgery in person or online.
Appointments are for 10 minutes and for one person and one problem only.
Call Boards - The practice uses call boards in the waiting room to let patients know when their clinician is ready see them. If you have any difficulty seeing these messages please advise our reception team and we will make a note on your record so that the clinician knows they will need to come to the waiting room to ask you to go through.
Access to Booking Online
To use the Online booking system you will need to come in person with Photo ID and proof of address to apply for a username and password from the practice (for patients aged under 14 years and under we need to see parent/guardian ID.
This is to ensure we issue the correct log in details to the correct patient, thus protecting your medical records.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen, this will be at the discretion of the clinician you are seeing.
If you are over 10 minutes late you may be asked to re-book your appointment.
Telephone appointments are now available for problems that can be dealt with over the telephone. If you would like to book a telephone appointments with a doctor, please phone the practice reception.
A telephone appointment will be made for you and the doctor will phone you back.
Please make sure that you provide the correct number to contact you on and that you will be available to take the call.
If you need to be seen urgently, you will be asked to provide the Care Navigator with a brief description of what the problem is, so that you can be seen by the most appropriate clinician. If the doctor refers you for an outpatient appointment this may be booked using the ‘Choose and Book’ service. The appointment may be booked or requested during your consultation, at a hospital of your choice, or the secretary will contact you later to sort the appointment out.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
Cancellations & Reminders
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow for the appointment to be offered to another patient.
If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a text message or letter informing you that you "did not attend" (DNA) your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the practices list.
You can also cancel appointments online if registered with SystmOne Online.
Home visits should only be requested for patients who are housebound because of illness or disability.
Please remember that such visits are for medical purposed only and not for social or personal reasons.
We ask that all patients attend the surgery if you can.
In the time that it takes to see one person at home, the doctor could see between two and four patients at the surgery. Wasting time on unnecessary home visits can delay someone else getting, sometimes life-saving, treatment that they may need.
If you feel a home visit is necessary, please contact the practice reception on 01354 661922. If possible, please telephone before 10:30. Please provide the name, address and telephone number of the patient and the reason for the visit request.
A doctor may phone you back to ascertain the nature of the problem before deciding to visit. Sometimes the problem can be dealt with by alternative arrangements or advice.
If the doctor does not feel that a home visit is medically necessary, he may ask you to come to the surgery. This is because:
- it may be possible to see you quicker at the surgery than if you were to wait at home for a visit.
- there are better facilities for appropriate examinations and tests at the surgery.
- it is much quicker for the doctors to see patients at the surgery, which means we can provide a better service to all our patients.
If you have requested a home visit and you are expecting the doctor to visit, please phone the practice reception again if no one has arrived before 15:00.
Private Medical Examinations
Medical examinations for special purposes such as pre-employment, fitness to travel, elderly drivers, fitness to undertake sports etc., will require longer than a routine appointment.
These examinations do not form part of the NHS Services provided by the surgery and you will incur a fee for any such examinations.
Please check the fee chargeable page before arranging any such examination. Please inform the receptionist when arranging such appointments.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
Chaperones are available for all consultations, please just ask the clinician.
Medical students and student Nurses attend the practice from time to time and we hope you will help us to help them learn about general practice.
You will be informed of their presence in advance and if you do not want them to be present at a consultation, your wishes will be respected. This will not affect your treatment in any way.
FENLAND PRIMARY CARE NETWORK - Cornerstone, Merchford House, Riverside & Ramsey Health Centre
AS FROM MONDAY 16 DECEMBER 2019
Extended Access Appointments
- Monday AM Contraception, Implant, INR & HCA Clinic
- Monday PM Telephone consultations, Joint injections Clinic
- Wednesday AM HCA Clinic, Telephone/Face to Face reviews
(Please note that prior to any Minor Op the GP may need to assess you before going ahead with the procedure)
- AM clinics run from 07.00am
- PM clinics run from 18.30pm
Appointments are bookable up to 2 weeks in advance.
If you would like an appointment please call the Primary Care Network Mobile number: 07951 894946
Phone lines are open between: 09:30 - 12:30 and 14:30 - 17:00