We are looking to recruit a full time Medical Secretary
We will consider applicants on a full time or job share basis as detailed below
37.5 hours over 5 days, one day early finish.
Flexibility to work extra to cover colleagues early finish during holidays is essential.
Or Job Share
3 days – 22.5 to 24 hours
2 days – 13.5 to 15 hours
Please note that a maximum of 37.5 hours to be covered by two people over 5 days, in the job share role, flexibility to work extra and cover colleagues’ holidays is essential.
Provide The Riverside Practice, Doctors and Health Care Professionals with Secretarial and Administrative support; the post requires consistent and accurate working and communication with all members of The Practice, patients and external organisations. You need to have the ability to deal with patients requests with empathy and compassion. This is a busy role therefore you will need to have the ability to multitask and prioritise your work load.
- Typing up letters and general correspondence as dictated by the doctors (audio and copy typing)
- Dealing with requests from the clinical team, i.e. booking in appointments, chasing up hospitals for results, passing messages.
- Managing the process of the e-referral service, chasing patients who may not have booked in and also advising them of the process.
- Invoicing for private medical procedures.
- Reporting to external bodies statistics regarding smear and breast checks.
- Assisting nurses with contraceptive recalls.
- Taking accurate messages for clinical personnel and prioritising their importance.
- General office duties such as filing, faxing, post and ad hock duties as they arise.
- Fast and accurate copy typing speeds.
- Fast and accurate digital Audio Typing. (This is a large part of the role so experience with this is essential)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages along with ability to pick up ‘in-house’ systems.
- Proven experience working within a busy, pressured and varied environment.
- Confident on the telephone with patients and clinical professionals.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work load.
- Ability to work as part of a team and being flexible when required.
- Understand the importance of patient confidentiality.
- Previous experience working as a Medical Secretary
- Working knowledge of System1
If you have the skills and experience required for the role, please complete the application form and send to:
or post to Tracy Robertson-Glenn
Private and Confidential
The Riverside Practice
23 Marylebone road
Closing date for applications is 9am on Thursday 7th February 2019
Application Form Job Description